Tuesday, December 12, 2006

We're now well into the festive season and any thoughts that December would be quiet on the IRRV front have been well and truly dashed.It's incredibly busy and started with the Scottish Benefit Conference in Crieff.This was again a great event and you will have seen my trusty camerman was busy there.The conference was a great success and again featured the now traditional Xmas night.This year we had a rare treat with Paul Howarth showing off his dancing skills leaving him billed as coming from DWP (Dancing With Passion).Despite this, Paul made it on the Friday for his usual conference address.
Later this week I will be back with the East Midlands Association at their Xmas lunch followed later with the Scottish Association reception in Edinburgh.The following week I will be joining HQ staff for their Xmas lunch.The staff work incredibly hard but I know from conference they also play hard so I'm really looking forward to that.I'm told there will be some karaoke so I might be dueting with the Director again!I suspect some of that will also be caught on camera.
Regrettably, there was one sad event with the passing of Frank Anderson.Frank was a tireless member of HQ staff who,in spite of his illness,was totally committed to the Institute.He certainly put up a great fight against his illness and was an inspiration to all who knew him.
That should just about do it for 2006 but the diary is already busy for next year.It's a great honour to represent the Institute at various events often involving lunch or dinner with other professional bodies but I want to make sure I get around as many Associations as possible and get the chance to meet members.I already have a number of dates in the diary for events next year so, if there is any Association still to finalise dates with me,please get in touch as soon as possible. You can e mail me or contact Rachel at HQ.
This will probably be my last blog of the year so I will finish by wishing you and your families a merry Xmas and a prosperous new year.